Monday, August 18, 2014

How to get into the BIOS Setup Utility screen of Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro laptop

In order to get into the BIOS Setup Utility screen of Lenovo Ideapad series of laptops, you need to locate for a button called the Novo Button on the laptop.

In the case of Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro ultrabook, this Novo button is a small round button located beside the Power button.


While is laptop is powered off, press and hold this Novo button for a few seconds, and you should be able to see the Novo Button Menu with 4 options:
  • Normal Startup
  • BIOS Setup
  • Boot Menu
  • System Recovery
Select the 2nd option namely "BIOS Setup" and press . There you are, the BIOS Setup Utility screen of Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro!


In this BIOS Setup Utility, you can view some of the hardware information of the laptop, including its serial number. Most importantly, you can setup the BIOS passwords (administrator and user) and also the harddisk password here as a basic security measure to protect the data in your laptop.

9 comments:

Voyager8 said... Reply To This Comment

This Novo button is also the key to fix the Windows 8 boot into black screen with mouse cursor problem.

If you are facing the black screen problem, select Option 4 "System Recovery" from the Novo Button menu.

Once the System Recovery screen loaded complete, just Exit and reboot without performing any recovery. This should be able to bring your Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro laptop back to life.

ShoppyRocks Btq said... Reply To This Comment

Hi, I've tried your method but it still doesn't work. Any idea what else can I do to save my laptop because I need it for my examinations. Thanks in advance.

Voyager8 said... Reply To This Comment

@ShoppyRocks Btq

Try a few more times.

If still cannot, you might want to proceed with the full system recovery process. System recovery will bring your system to its original state, but data might be lost.

kxhuisan said... Reply To This Comment
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

Voyager8...I have two issues I hope you can help with.

1. my lenovo yoga 2 shut down and said repairing disc error, preparing automatic repair, diagnosing your pc. Been flashing that for hours. None of the keys on key board work. Can I fix this through the novo button? I can access it but have no idea what to do once in there. I don't want to lose my data.

2. When using the built in mouse the arrow will leave the screen and can only be seen on the bottom edge of the screen. When I try to move it it looks like it is going behind whats on the screen...then hours later it will start working again.
Drives me crazy.

I bought this computer in August and it has all kinds of issues like going to sleep and cannot come back up for days. I turn it off each night.

Thanks.

Voyager8 said... Reply To This Comment

@Mark Harris

I think your's could be related to hardware issue.

You better send it for warranty repair before the warranty period expires.

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

thank you for your sharing knowledge.
evey where you are , i hope be health .

Voyager8 said... Reply To This Comment

If you are using this laptop and facing random screen flickering problem, you might be interested to try out the solution described in the article below:

Fixed Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro laptop screen flickering at random time problem in Windows

dolphin said... Reply To This Comment

I use the NOVO button to get the widow that has "normal start" option. My Yoga pro 2 sometimes won't power up using power button. Keyboard flashes, Logo appears and immediate shutdown. I suspect the CMOS battery but not sure.

Post a Comment

Hint: Click on the "Older Posts" link to continue reading, or click here for a listing of all my past 3 months articles.